5 Great Moments from the Maine Lobster Festival
Each year, the Maine Lobster Festival brings thousands to Rockland, Maine for fun, food, and celebrating our local lobster industry. Over the years, there have been many memorable moments that we like to think back on fondly.
Here are some of our favorites.
1. The time Michele Ragussis volunteered at the lobster cooker, right after judging the Seafood Cooking Contest. What a great sport!
2. Th time we brought local brewers and vintners to the Maine Lobster Festival for our first annual Steins and Vines event in 2014.
3. Th time in 2008 when Dave Price from the CBS Early Show judged the lobster eating contest…
Ran in the Great Crate Race…
And kept right on reporting!
4. Th time Owls Head native, Connor MacGonagle, was named winner of the 2012 Great Crate Race after setting a course record and never once falling in!
5. Two years later, when TWO runners, Scarlett Flint of Warren, ME and Harrison Page of South Berwick, ME, went head-to-head until 8:00 P.M., smashed the Great Crate Race record, and tied for first!
At the Maine Lobster Festival, you’re sure to see something exciting! Whether that’s a news crew coming to film for the major television networks like the Food Network or Travel Channel, a fantastic performance by world-renown musicians on our Main Stage, or simply the most delicious lobster dinner you’ve ever had in your entire life, you’ll have tons of fun in Rockland, Maine. Join us this summer and make your own Maine Lobster Festival memories: July 29 – August 2, 2015.